So…. Belle wanted cake pops for her latest birthday gathering and being the cake making person I am I attempted them for the 2nd time. For the record, I’m not a fan of making cake pops! Here is what I learned:
- Whoa… time consuming!!!
- It is messy getting the batter into the decorating bag to squeeze the appropriate amount into the spot in the cake pop baker.
- It’s rather boring cooking 50+ cake pops at 12 at a time.
- Bake, cool, chill, repeat….. over and over and over.
- If the pops aren’t chilled properly and the covering melted just so the pops fall off the sticks or stay on crooked.
- What a nightmare to decorate 50+ pops. After the first 12 I handed the rest to the girls and said go for it!
- I would rather bake, decorate and assemble a 3 tier wedding cake (like I did last month) then do cake pops again!
- Did I mention they are boring, time consuming and messy?
- Too much work for 1 little bite!
- It’s easier to snack on cake pops as you are making them then a wedding cake!
I’m hoping little miss Alex won’t want cake pops for her birthday in August!